Tacadóirí na Taisce
Tá maoiniú fial faighte ag an Taisce thar na blianta ón earnáil phoiblí agus ón earnáil phríobháideach (chomh maith le tacaíocht de gach cineál eile), ón uair a chéadbhunaíodh í ar bhonn píolótach ag an gComhairle Ealaíon i 1987.
Tá maoiniú rialta iontaofa bunriachtanach don Taisce, cosúil le gach eagraíocht cultúrtha eile, má tá sí chun a cuid aidhmeanna a chur i gcrích. Bíonn breis cúnaimh airgeadais de dhíth i gcónaí ar an Taisce chun na gníomhaíochtaí atá ar bun cheana féin aici a leathnú, seirbhísí nua a thabhairt isteach, agus aghaidh a thabhairt ar dhúshláin spreagúla na todhchaí.
Príomh-Urraitheoirí & Tacadóirí
The Arts Council
The Archive is funded year-on-year by the Arts Council/ An Chomhairle Ealaíon in Dublin as a Regularly Funded Organisation (RFO).
- Ongoing revenue grant as an RFO, 1987–2012
- Capital funding, 1995, 1997, 2000, 2002–2007
Arts Council Northern Ireland
The Arts Council of Northern Ireland has been the Archive’s other principle funder for some twenty-three years.
- Ongoing revenue grant, 1989–2012
- Project funding: Eddie Butcher Publication, 2011
Office of Public Works
Through the Office of Public Works the Archive achieved significant State support with the allocation of an historic Georgian house in central Dublin as its premises. The OPW has conserved and restored the building to the highest standards, and is engaged in a continuing programme of further facility development.
- 73 Merrion Square allocated to ITMA, 2001
- 73 Merrion Square restored and refurbished, 2005–2006
- ITMA moves to 73 Merrion Square, 2006
The Irish Traditional Music Archive is delighted to have become a partner in Europeana Sounds, a project of a Europe-wide consortium of libraries and archives which will make over 1,000,000 sound recordings and sound-related objects of European heritage freely available online.
The Heritage Council has funded the publishing, digitisation and conservation work of the ITMA's historical materials over several years.
- Publication of The Irish Music Manuscripts of Edward Bunting, 1999
- Book Binding of At-Risk Materials, 2002
- Conservation of the ITMA George Petrie Manuscripts, 2003
- Digitisation of Diane Hamilton Tape Recordings, 2004
- Digitisation of Hugh Shields Tape Recordings, 2005
- Digitisation of Cylinder Sound Recordings, 2006
- Conservation and Cataloguing of Breandán Breathnach Melodic Index Manuscript, 2007
- Conservation of Sheet Music and Ballad Sheets, 2008
- Conservation and Cataloguing of Music and Song Manuscripts, 2009
- Conservation of LPs, 2011
Ireland Newfoundland Partnership
Ireland Newfoundland Partnership (INP) has funded the digitisation and publishing of, and research into, materials relevant to Irish traditional music collected in Newfoundland or held in archives there.
- Digitisation of Aidan O’Hara Field Recordings, 2002
- Research visit to Identify Irish Music Material in the Folklore & Language Archive of Memorial University of Newfoundland, 2003
- Publication of Aidan O'Hara Field Recordings, in progress
Cairde na Cruite
Cairde na Cruite, Friends of the Harp, is an organisation of Irish harpers which promotes the teaching of the Irish harp and the publication of its music.
- Part-funding of The Irish Music Manuscripts of Edward Bunting, 2000
- Part-funding of A Collection of the Most Celebrated Irish Tunes (1724), 2010
Dublin & Cork Institutes of Technology
ITMA was the cultural partner of a joint scientific audio processing project of the Dublin & Cork Institutes of Technology, which was awarded funding by Enterprise Ireland and the Arts Council's Deis traditional arts scheme.
- IMAAS (Interactive Music Archive Access System) Project, 2007-2010
Mícheál Ó Domhnaill Trust
The Mícheál Ó Domhnaill Trust was set up in his memory by family and friends after his death in 2006. Mícheál, from Meath with roots in Donegal, was an internationally known singer and innovative guitarist, and a founder member of the Bothy Band and other groups.
- Proceeds from Ómós, a concert held in 2007 in memory of Mícheál Ó Domhnaill, were donated to ITMA, 2008
- Proceeds from a memorial CD of recordings by Mícheál Ó Domhnaill were donated to ITMA, 2009
The Department of Arts, Sport & Tourism
The Department of Arts, Sport & Tourism of the Irish Government, Cross-Border Cultural Funding Project
- Digitisation of Geoff Harden Field Recordings, 2007-2008